Title and Help
XML and the Launch of Chemical Markup Language
This talk consists of 26 HTML-based slides.
- Some slides contain GIFs as thumbnails. They are outlined (probably in
blue). If you click on these a fullsized image will appear. To 'go back' you
may have to click the right mouse button or or use some other way to 'go back
- Some slides contain technical bits (in red). Mainly
examples of CML in action. These can be skipped and
read later if necessary.
- The table of contents (an important XML concept) is
slide001. It may be useful to clone a window with the
TOC. You can also reach this page (and other pages)
from the TOC.
- Each slide contains a NUMBER under the JUMBO icon (001-026) for
- There is NO Java during the lecture. To download the JUMBO browser, wait
till after the lecture and follow the JUMBO icon
- JUMBO is being released in stages (Shakespeare at present). Chemistry will
follow in about a week
- Technical JUMBO queries are best left to the post-lecture discussion
- The Open Molecule Foundation is sponsoring a free JUMBO-based CDROM of
- Many thanks to Chemweb and VEI.