[Fourth part of:] Gibraltar from end of Old [mistitled] Mole. c.1880
Second part of a panoramic view composed of 5 joined prints, cloth-backed. The panorama shows a view looking towards the south part of the town from the New Mole. At the right of the photograph ships and hulks are moored at the dockyard with the town beyond. Among the prominent buildings identifiable are the South Barracks behind the town, the Barrack Chapel directly in front, and the Station Hospital on the skyline at the right of the picture. The panorama follows the sea wall and the Rosia Main Road towards the left of the photograph with the northern section of the town with the Moorish Castle visible on the hillside behind. Photograph taken circa 1880.